Monday, December 13, 2010

Some days writing opens the flood gates......

I pick up a pen just to write what I have to do this week.
I scratch a few words...and there is no ink left.


Tears well and tumble over my sleep-deprived cheeks onto the page,
I whisper, "Yes, Lord, yes--I too am empty."

I think of you and wonder how many of you feel that way too.
Starting a new week, feeling as if you've run dry.

So let us come together to the One who came for us...

Lord, We are empty.
You promised us life to the full. We are empty.
So we come to you and ask that you would spill out peace into our hearts. We are empty.
Flow love into the places where we need it most.  We are empty.
Renew our strength, bring back our joy. We are empty.
Restore us so that we can be a living letter for you this week. We are empty.
We thank you that you are the ink in our pens,
the life in our hearts, the One who gives us all we need...and more.
We love you. Fill us.

Show that you are a letter from Christ...written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts. 2 Corinthians 3:3

No comments:

Post a Comment