Friday, December 17, 2010

When you feel broken...

 The dish slipped from my hand, hit the floor, shattered into a million pieces.
I sat right down beside it.
Sobbing.
It was one of my favorites, a gift from Vivie.
In the cabinet I can see my other dishes.
Plain. Glass. Replaceable. But this dish?
I treasured it.
I think of a phrase God uses over and over to describe us...
Treasured possession.   (Deuteronomy 7:6)
And in that moment I know with all my heart that He cares about our brokenness. He cares about our hurts. It matters to Him when we are shattered. He came down beside us so that we would know that fully.
You're not just glass to Him. YOU are not "Replaceable."
No, you are the one He loves.
You are the one He treasures.
Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. (Matthew 6:21)
Where is God's treasure?
With you.
Then where is His heart?
With you as well.
Right there. Right now. In the middle of your brokenness.
Only He can put you back together...
And you can be sure He loves you enough to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment