Saturday, August 21, 2010

Because I can...

You Don't Wear The Bells Today?



Cool metal gliding on soft curves makes a tantalizing sound, yes?


Imperceptible to the human ear, baffled in layers of silk and


brushed rayon, tiny silver bells bobbed all day.


First up the hall, then back down.


Each step tapping a staccato message on my yesteryear.


Wooing, "remember me... remember me ?"


The sound was for me--- to remind me.


He heard.

All day a quiet smile danced around his bordeaux lips his head popping


from doorways and around corners with a boyish sparkle.


A week passed and time soared before I saw him again.


His dark brown eyes were tinged with a smoldering glint.


Those generous lips teasing smiles from every angle.


'Midst flushed cheeks and flashes of light he spoke softly, for my


ears only , "... you don't wear the bells today?"


I could barely respond... "perhaps tomorrow."


Oh, my! Dust off your slippers, my dear, the dance has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment