Monday, August 30, 2010

Tomatoes in Heaven........

Please tell me there will be Jersey Big Boys in Heaven!!!

This uses real bagels... the large deli kind not those make believe packaged things.

Cut a bagel in half.  Scoop out some of the inside--- just put some butter or cream cheese on that and savor it while making the recipe.

fill the hollowed out part with any yummy crumbly cheese.  I mix feta and blue but I've also used Chevre
then add fat slices of your succulent, red, Jersey big boys and a sprinkle of sea salt and green chili sauce
top with shaved roasted pork loin (oh, so thin) and cracked pepper.
top with your favorite slice of cheese (optional)
then grill or broil a few seconds.

OMGosh------- serve with homemade bread and butter pickles, circles of new cucumber and fat mugs of dark coffee or Scottish tea.

I wrote about having bagels and tomato in my book.  It's on of my favorite scenes.

You are going to love this!!!   Send your thank you cards to me  :))

No comments:

Post a Comment