Monday, October 25, 2010

Do it anyway...


Little girl and path by Nina Matthews Photography (flickr creative commons) I don't know why I feel this fear, can't name it although I'm certain of its source. It wants me to stop...
but I'm going to do it anyway.
I'm not sure of the next step, can't see past the bend in the road. Uncertainty tells me to slow down...
but I'm moving ahead anyway.
I wonder if I really have what it takes, if I'll stumble and fall. Insecurity tells me to hold back...
but I'm taking a leap of faith anyway.
Anyway.
I've been fighting that word.
I've been waiting for everything to be safe, perfect, for me to be all I should be.
And then today, God whispers to my heart, "Just go anyway."
It's enough.
He is enough.
We can do it anyway
because we have the One who's the Way right by our side.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. Isaiah 43:2
Let's pray for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment