Tuesday, October 5, 2010

In Be Tween....

Garden photo by hello-julie (one of my favorite flickr creative commons photographers!) I'm thinking of you today.
Maybe in a cubicle, a car,
back of a room, middle of a crowd.
I see you in my mind's eye.
And I smile, wave, walk over,
ask how life is going.
Maybe you say...
Fine or Good or Hard.
Or all of the above.
I nod.
Because I know.
I keep waiting for the part
where life is clearer, more straightforward.
But it seems it's always this glorious mess of laughter and tears all wrapped up together.
I read these words this morning...
Her desert will blossom like Eden,
her barren wilderness like the garden of the Lord.
It's God talking about His people.
And I thought of how we're all in that place of dry and blossoming...
we're all in between Edens.
The one that was and the one God is remaking in our lives--
to be completed in eternity.
And all the while He's leading us back to joy.
Let's meet for coffee.


Where?


Somewhere in the middle.


After all, it's the place where we all live.  

No comments:

Post a Comment